People assume that buying essential oils wholesale is cheaper, but at the expense of the oil quality. This is not always the case! When bought from the right place, oil quality and price can both be impressive. This and a few more key factors are important to consider when deciding which type of oil to invest in.
Benefits of Buying Wholesale Over Retail
There are many benefits to buying essential oils wholesale instead of retail. Here are some of the key benefits:
When you buy essential oils wholesale, you save a lot of money compared to buying them retail. This is because essential oils wholesale suppliers offer large discounts for larger orders. Both you and the supplier benefit from moving large quantities of stock. You can also get discounts on large orders that retailers cannot offer.
Higher Quality Essential Oils
Buying wholesale from reputable companies gets you high-quality oils. Suppliers undergo a rigorous quality control process to ensure their products are effective and safe.
Access to Exotic Essential Oils
With wholesalers, you can access exotic oils that are not available at retail stores. These suppliers source their products globally, giving you a wider variety of options to experiment with and add to your personal stock.
Get Expert Advice
When you buy oils wholesale, you also access the supplier’s expertise! This can be helpful if you have questions or need guidance on using the oils— what they are best used for, how to mix them with other oils, what products they serve best in, and more.
Factors Affecting the Quality of Essential Oils
A lot of debate surrounds the quality of essential oils, especially regarding the price. Many believe that the higher the price, the better the oil quality. This is not always the case. Several factors can affect essential oil quality.
- The first factor is the plant species. Some plants produce oils that are higher in quality than others. For example, rosemary and lavender oils are of higher quality than lemon or orange oil. The plant produces more oil with a higher concentration of the desirable compounds.
- The location where the plant is grown also affects quality. Plants grown in cooler climates produce oils with a higher concentration of compounds. The plants grow slower in these conditions, allowing the compounds to develop.
- The method used to extract the oil from the plant is another factor. The most common practice is steam distillation, which produces most essential oils. This method is effective but can also damage some of the delicate compounds in the oil. The oils may not be as high quality as the oils produced by other methods.
- Another factor is the way the oil’s stored. Oils stored in dark glass bottles keep their quality longer than in clear bottles. Light can damage some of the compounds in the oil.
- The fifth factor is the age of the oil. Essential oils can age and become less potent over time. Newer oils will usually be of a higher quality.
Factors to Consider when Using Sustainable Packaging
Sustainable packaging helps preserve the environment, making your products more eco-friendly and therefore more attractive to many buyers! Plus, this packaging protects the oil so that it stays high-quality over time and transport. You might consider various sustainable packaging materials for your needs, including glass, metal, and biodegradable materials.
Also, consider the weight and volume of the packaged essential oil. This will help to determine the most efficient and effective packaging option. Most importantly, keep in mind the end-use of the essential oil. This ensures that the chosen packaging protects the oil on the way to the consumer.
Examples of Products Made from Essential Oils
Essential oils are a popular choice for many natural health and beauty products. That’s one reason you may want to buy your oils in bulk from a wholesaler! Here are some examples of products made with essential oils:
- Aromatherapy diffusers and candles
- Bath bombs, soaps, and scrubs
- Body lotions and massage oils
- Hair care products
- Perfumes and colognes
- Room sprays
Some household cleaning items are also made of essential oils. You can also add a few drops of their favorite essential oil to your laundry load to add fresh, comforting scents to clothing, blankets, and sheets.
Tips for Storing Your Essential Oils
Essential oils are an excellent addition to any health and beauty routine, but they need to be stored properly to remain safe and effective. Here are some tips for storing and using your essential oils:
- Keep your essential oils in a cool, dark place. Sunlight and heat can degrade the quality of your oils over time.
- When using essential oils on the skin, always dilute them with a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil. This will help to prevent skin irritation.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or have a medical condition, first consult your physician.
- When using essential oils around children, be cautious and consult a physician.
- Never ingest essential oils unless you work with a qualified aromatherapist.
Decide Whether to Buy Essential Oils Wholesale or Retail
If you are looking for one of the best quality essential oils, buying wholesale is your best bet. If you are more interested in convenience, purchasing retail may be a better option. Use a reliable essential oils wholesale for all your essential oil needs.