Plumbing Inspection Explained!
If you are not aware of this fact already then you must know that the problems with the plumbing system of your house can lead to a most expensive damage cost hence it is important to get it checked regularly if you want to avoid such unexpected expenditure. If you are a resident of Boise then you are in luck because Plumbing Inspection services in Boise allow the locals to get their houses and the plumbing systems installed to get inspected by professionals who can easily predict if something is going wrong with the system but before getting your house inspected and the plumbing system to be checked properly, one needs to understand the whole process before letting a plumbing inspector inside their house so he can perform a plumbing inspection thoroughly.
Let’s understand a plumbing system first.
- What is a plumbing inspection?
Burst tubes, clogs, corrosion, and leaks in the plumbing system of the house can lead to property damage and even flooding. To avoid this, a plumbing inspector visits your house to assess and evaluate the present condition of the plumbing system of your house.
- Why is a plumbing system important?
For the plumbing system to run smoothly, it is very important for households and businesses equally to get regular plumbing inspections done which in turn will help in avoiding unexpected and costly repairs.
- What are the objectives of a plumbing inspection?
The major objectives of a plumbing inspection are:
- Early detection of damaged pipelines
If there is a problem with the pipelines, it needs to be eradicated before it does the damage that will affect our pockets.
- Early detection of damaged plumbing systems
Similar to the pipelines, the complete plumbing system should be inspected thoroughly.
- Detection of clogs
Clogs put pressure on the plumbing systems of our property hence detecting them is very important.
- Detection of leaks
Leaks can cause corrosion, inflated water bills, and unsanitary conditions.
- Mitigation of damaged pipelines
Damaged pipelines, after they are detected, should be mitigated as soon as possible.
- Mitigation of damaged plumbing systems
Fixing the plumbing system should be the priority as soon as any unusual thing is detected.
- Avoid greater water damage
Water, when present in spaces where it should not be, causes corrosion, mold, and many other unwanted issues.
- Avoid water wastage
We are on the verge where water is a treasure hence it should not be lost to leaks.
- Prevent inflated water bills
Water wastage also leads to increased water bills which is something no one likes to bear.
- What is included in a plumbing inspection?
A plumbing inspection is a detailed process involving many steps which should be completed thoroughly to make sure no point is missed. It starts with:
- a) Inspection of the pipes.
- b) Inspections of the valves.
- c) Inspection of the water heater.
- d) Inspection of drains.
- e) Finding out any damages.
- f) Finding out any leaks.
- g) Capturing photo evidence.
- h) Annotate photo evidence.
- i) Attachment of detailed notes.
- j) Providing overall recommendations.
- k) Validation of the inspection.
By double checking these points, you will be able to understand if your plumbing inspector is doing his job properly and following all the important steps or not,
- How will the plumbing inspector proceed with the inspection?
- Shutting the main water source
To start the inspection, one needs to disconnect the main water supply source to avoid more wastage and hindrance in the complete inspection process.
- Ensuring that the plumbing system is watertight.
This is somehow the same as the first step but on a bigger level.
iii. Conducting water piping pressure test
To check if the pressure is fine.
- Checking the sewer and drainage lines
To ensure there is nothing out of the blue.
- Examining the fixtures
This step is very essential while performing a plumbing inspection.
- Examining the supply lines
It is rightly said that nip the evil in the bud hence to find faults, one needs to start from the source.
vii. Examining the drains
If there is anything that may feel out of the place, you will find it here.
Tips after getting an inspection and mitigation done:
You need to be careful even after the inspection is done, hence knowing all these points will help you in understanding how your plumbing systems works and how you can prevent any problem from happening as well. If we think about it closely, the things that an inspector inspects in a regular plumbing inspection can somehow be done by us as well if we would have been cautious from the start hence to make sure that no problem is faced again, if we are pre-cautious and keeping a keen eye on everything, we can put a stop to these issues which might require mitigation that will cost us some money.
- Checking your taps regularly for any damages and leaks.
- Immediately unclogging slow drains.
- Draining the water heater which helps in removing formed sediments.
- Ensuring that there are no water drips or leaks when taps are turned off.
- Checking the toilets for loose fittings.
- Checking underneath the sinks for any water stains formed due to leakage.
- Do not neglect the prominent signs of water stains on ceilings and walls.
- Replacing the hoses if visible cracks, brittleness, or leakage is found.
- Avoiding the usage of such chemicals for a cleaning process that cause corrosion over pipes.
- Ensuring that the water pressure is at a safe level.
- To prevent clogged drains, medicines and greasy products should be disposed of.
- Regular cleaning of the gutter.
- Regular inspection of septic tanks
Once you are familiar with the whole process and what to do before and after an inspection, you will be able to choose the best for you. We have a recommendation where you can get all these services with 100% proficiency and much more.
Elite Home inspection service Boise is doing a marvelous job at providing their customers an impressive satisfaction rate and top-notch services in the market.