If you’re a JioFi user you might need to update JioFi firmware. Because performance for any networking device depends upon the firmware installed in the device. If the firmware is not upgraded to the latest version it might not work well and you’ll have to update it.
In this article, I want to share how you can update or upgrade JioFi firmware to the latest version.
What Is JioFi And Why Do You Need To Upgrade Firmware?
JioFi is a portable wifi router & hotspot device which works by inserting a Jio SIM card in the device. JioFI provides internet using wifi, hotspot, and USB tethering.
If your JioFi device is using an old firmware version. So, It will not work better. If you want to use the device perfectly and enjoy smooth internet. Then you’ll need to upgrade the JioFi firmware to the latest version. And it is quite easy! You just need to follow this guideline and you’ll be able to update the JioFI firmware to the latest version.
2 Ways To Update JioFi Firmware
There are two 2 ways to upgrade the JioFi firmware to the latest version. You can update it either automatically or manually. Both methods to update the firmware are explained below.
How To Upgrade JioFi Firmware Automatically?
You can make your JioFi device to upgrade the firmware to the latest version automatically. To do this make sure you do the following.
Charge your JioFi device to 100% & Place the JioFi device where the good network is available.
There are 3 steps you will need to follow to automatically update the firmware.
Step 1: Save Backup Data
- The first thing you need to upgrade the firmware is to save your JioFi device data on your computer.
- Connect your PC to the JioFi device internet using a cable
- Open your browser and go to the URL: http://jiofi.local.html
- Now, log in to your JioFi account. You can log in using default login info.
- Username: administrator & Password: administrator
- After logging in click on the setting from the top menu and then click on Firmware Update from the left sidebar.
- Now, You will see the backup button, Click on it to save the configuration on your PC.
Step 2: Hard Reset JioFI Device
- Remove the back cover of the JioFI device
- Use a pin or needle
- Find a small hole on the back of the JioFi device
- Put the pin or needle on the hole and press it until Jio 4G modem begins to restart and then leave the pin.
Step 3: Keep the JioFi router on for a night
Now, This is the final step for automatically updating JioFi firmware and upgrading to the latest version. Keep your JioFi device ON for a whole night. You can connect your device to the charger and leave it in ON state for a night.
After following these steps your JioFi device will automatically update firmware to the latest version.
Before going to the second method that is to update firmware manually. Let’s see how to download the firmware file because we need to upload it to the device to update it.
Also, Read About: HOW TO CHILDPROOF CAR
How To Upgrade JioFi Firmware Manually?
As we discussed above that updated firmware works well. So, Here’s another way to upgrade JioFi firmware manually.
After downloading the upgraded firmware follow these simple steps:
- Connect your JioFi device to your computer
- Open an internet browser and go to http://jiofi.local.html
- Log in to the account
- Here you’ll see the configuration page
- Click on setting then Firmware Upgrade
- Save the backup JioFi configuration data as discussed in the previous method
- Click on browse and select the updated firmware file that you downloaded.
- Now, Click on Apply and after a few seconds, JioFi firmware will be upgraded.
After updating firmware if you find any problem, You can use the old one by using the backup file.
Here is a simple answer to a question that usually JioFi users ask that how can we change our JioFi device password?
How To Change JioFi device Password?
To change the password of your JioFI device follow these simple steps:
- Connect your PC to a JioFI device and visit http://jiofi.local.html in your browser
- Log in using your current credentials
- Go to settings and then WIFI settings
- Here, You’ll see your JioFi name (SSID) and password (security key)
- Now change them as you want
By using the above-explained methods you can easily upgrade JioFi firmware in your device. Both methods automatically and manually are explained.
An updated firmware file is also provided to update JioFi firmware manually. And a simple guide to change your JioFi credentials is also provided. Let’s know if you liked the article and your thoughts about this in the comment section below.