A homemade mosquito coil presents one of the best approaches for fighting mosquitoes and other blood-drinking insects. This coil minimizes the ability of mosquitoes to pitch camp at your home, reproduce and live in your indoor and outdoor environments. Mosquito coils that are made at home have a lifespan of 6 hours and it’s better when kept away from direct wind. Some of the best places that you can use the coil include dining, the pool area, and ideally in any space where mosquitoes might want to hide.
In this article, we will show you how you can make a mosquito coil in the comfort of your home using incense sticks.
What you will need:
- A functional oven
- Rectangular pan
- Incense sticks
- Eucalyptus oil
Procedure to follow:
- Make sure that the oven is preheated to 180 degrees.
- Put the eucalyptus oil in a rectangle-shaped pan.
- Turn off the oven’s power and roll the incense sticks into the oil. Insert it inside the preheated oven. Eucalyptus is famous for having an ingredient that is used in making most of the mosquito repellents that are available in the market today.
- Leave the incense sticks inside the oil for close to 10 minutes.
- Add some more eucalyptus oil to the stick and leave it there to soak for up to 5 minutes without interruption.
- Put the oil-soaked incense sticks into their respective incense holders.
- Spread them inside your home, and also in various outdoor locations which you may consider to be appropriate.
- Light on the incense sticks, and blow on them gently, making sure that you get rid of any flames that may be available.
- After the incense sticks have burned out completely, you can replace them with new ones.
There are a few people who may not like the smell or the aroma which is produced by Eucalyptus. If you are one of them, you can opt for citronella essential oil, which is known to have a better smell, yet it also helps to repel mosquitoes.
When you make your mosquito coil by following the above simple procedure, you can save money that you could spend to order this important product from the market.
Remember that during summer, you will need to be using them every day, if not every hour and this can consume a sizable chunk of your expenditure budget. Again, the materials that you will need are easily available, so you can be confident that you can create a powerful backyard mosquito control product for your use at a very low cost.
A mosquito coil has been proven to work against mosquitoes for many decades now, and you can use simple materials that are easily available to make your coils. The above method, as well as the, do it yourself procedure is simple and can be followed by anyone, even without experience.