Cosmetic dentistry focuses on enhancing the appearance of the teeth, mouth, and smile, as opposed to traditional dentistry, which is more concerned with maintaining oral hygiene and preventing, diagnosing, and treating oral disease. In other words, cosmetic dentistry offers elective – or desired – treatments or services, whereas restorative, general, and/or family dental practices deal with dental issues that need to be treated.
Cosmetic procedures might also have restorative effects. For instance, dental fillings are a frequent treatment for decayed teeth. In the past, gold, amalgam, and other materials that left visible dark spots on the teeth made up the majority of dental fillings.
Cosmetic Trends – Finding best dentist in Gurgaon
The development of tooth-coloured, natural-looking dental materials has increased the durability and predictability of cosmetic dental procedures. In addition, dentists are now employing more conservative techniques, depending on your unique clinical circumstance, to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible.
Without the need for referrals to specialists, dentists may also use technologies like lasers to complete some procedures required for cosmetic treatments in-house. This shortens the recovery period and increases patient comfort and convenience during procedures like smile makeovers.
Treatment Options with dentist in Gurgaon
The following cosmetic dentistry procedures are currently available:
- Inlays and Onlays, also referred to as indirect fillings, are a durable yet aesthetically pleasing way to “fill” teeth that have tooth decay or other structural damage. They are made of porcelain or composite materials. Inlays and Onlays are made in a dental laboratory before being fitted and adhesively bonded into place by your dentist, unlike dental fillings which are moulded into place within the mouth during a dental appointment.
- Composite bonding is a technique that can be used to repair or improve the appearance of teeth that are cracked, broken, discoloured, or decayed. A high-intensity light is used to harden a dental composite material that has the appearance of enamel and dentin after it has been placed inside a cavity or on the surface of a tooth. The end result is a restoration that seamlessly blends with the remaining tooth structure around it and the rest of your natural teeth to produce a radiant, healthy smile.
- Teeth Whitening: One of the most frequently suggested cosmetic dentistry procedures is teeth whitening. Smoking, certain foods, beverages (such as coffee, tea, or red wine), or poor oral hygiene frequently stain teeth. You can make your smile look better by bleaching your teeth.
- Dental Veneers: A worn appearance or severe tooth discolouration can be improved with composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the tooth’s surface to correct and repair chips and cracks. Veneers might also be suggested if you have gaps in your teeth or if teeth whitening hasn’t worked for you. Analyze the price of porcelain veneers to see if dental insurance can help with the bill.
- Dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements that are used in prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry to make up for missing teeth.
- A complete evaluation of your smile’s aesthetics is conducted as part of a smile makeover in order to enhance its overall appearance. In order to achieve the desired appearance, several teeth in both the upper and lower arches will typically need to undergo one or more cosmetic procedures, such as dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting, and teeth whitening.
- When discussing a smile makeover with you to primarily improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile, your dentist may find that additional treatment is required to address functional issues with your bite, muscles, teeth, and bone structure. The materials readily available today allow your dentist to give you treatments that are long-lasting, practical, clinically sound, and aesthetically pleasing if you require a full mouth reconstruction.
All the above information is enough for you if you are going to a cosmetic dentist in Gurgaon. It is not an easy step to go with the best doctor; let us make it easy for you, https://www.cosmodontistdental.com/ is the perfect and experienced one.