Retirement is the start of a new era, a journey that is completely different from work life. After decades of the daily grind, retiring opens up a world of unparalleled freedom and opportunity. Help the retiring person in your life celebrate the successful completion of their work life with any of these sentimental gifts that are sure to make them smile and ease them into their new daily groove.
Gifts for Seeking Adventure
- The New York Times 36 Hours. USA & Canada. If your retiree wants to spend time away but not too much time, this book is perfect for them. With 5,400 hours of itineraries, it includes cities and areas all across the United States and Canada including the Berkshires, Anchorage, Boulder, Los Angeles, Montreal, and more.
- Adventure Fund Box. This is literally a piggy bank – but for adults! This attractive, leather belted luggage style box features a vintage, decorative map and the words “Adventure Fund” elegantly scripted on the front. Retirement is often a time when purse strings are tightened and the retiree might not be in a position to travel as they’d like. Make saving up for it fun – and attractive – with this motivational gift.
- Emergency Survival Gear Kit. A survival kit for those who have their eyes set on camping, hiking, and pretty much any wilderness adventure. It comes complete with 17 separate gadgets including a compass, multifunctional spork, collapsible fire tube, first aid blanket, caribiner, and more. Don’t let them become one with nature until you give them this thoughtful gift!
- Visa Gift Card. Your beloved retiree will be thrilled when you present them with a Visa gift card. They can put the funds toward any one of thousands of retailers worldwide to help fund their adventure whether it’s for supplies, lodging, food or even souvenirs once they are there. Upload your favorite photo for the front of the card and a word of encouragement as text. A gift they will cherish for a long time.
Gifts for Lounging at Home
- Softies Ultra Soft Hooded Lounger. When the weekend expands into every day of the week, your retiree will want to be cozy and comfortable all day long! The Softies Marshmallow Hooded Lounger will soon become their go-to for relaxing any time of the day. It comes in a variety of colors including buttercream, pink, black, grey and strawberry. It falls to just below the knee allowing for ease of movement, and is loose fitting for the ultimate in contentment.
- Tea Drop Sampler. No fuss no muss! No more tea bags, steepers or tools of any kind. The tea drop sampler is exactly what it sounds like – organic morsels of sugar, aromatic spices and finely-sourced tea that melt into a mug of hot water. There are unsweetened options as well, for those who prefer to moderate their sugar intake and level of sweetness.
- Essential Oil Diffuser. This gorgeous wood grain aroma diffuser is not only a treat for the nose it’s a treat for the eyes, too! Crafted by Urpower, this diffuser features an adjustable mist mode and an automatic shutoff when it runs out of water. Your retiree will love making their home into their own personal aromatherapy spa.
Gifts for Noshing
- Bacon Sampler. Who among us doesn’t love bacon? Surely, the newly retired are no exception to this rule. Dartagnan offers a super savory bacon sampler that includes three different types of bacon: Hickory Smoked, Applewood Smoked, and Smoked Duck. Made without artificial nitrates or preservatives, these tasty strips are smoked over real wood and make the ideal gift for any bacon lover.
- Chest of Chocolates. One word – yum! It’s a wood and pleather chest of sheer confection treasure. Open it up to find an abundance of deliciousness including Moose Munch® Dark Chocolate Bar, milk chocolate malt balls, Signature chocolate truffles in flavors like coffee, raspberry and milk chocolate, milk chocolate mini mints, and more. They’ll be noshing ‘til the chocolate cows come home.
- Rogue Creamery’s Beautiful Blues. If your retired friend loves blue cheese, you simply cannot pass over this assemblage of goodies. Truly for refined palates only, this sampler includes Smokey Blue, Caveman Blue, Oregon Blue, a jar of Blue Heaven Powder, and a jar of Organic Bow Hill Blueberry Confiture. If their favorite color isn’t blue now, it will be after digging in to this box of brilliance.
Retirement is a milestone that deserves to be honored and celebrated. Your support as a friend and just the right gift with their personality in mind will ease them into their new, exciting world of choice and fulfillment.