Credit cards are the financial instruments that have completely transformed the relationship between buyers and sellers. By allowing access to goods and services on credit, they have increased the purchasing capacity of consumers. Previously, people had to stall their plans of upgrading their lifestyle because of a lack of immediate funds. With the availability of credit cards, such problems are now passé.
We can further divide these credit cards into different categories. Some of the best credit cards in India come with a paltry interest rate, while others offer lucrative discounts on various transactions. Among the plethora of options available, cashback credit cards have emerged as one in popular demand.
Credit cards from RBL (in collaboration with Bajaj Finserv) and several other banks offer cashback on various transactions and expenditures. In this article, we have reviewed the five best cashback credit cards in India in 2022. But before jumping straight to their features, you must be aware of the working principle of cashback credit cards.
The working formula of cashback credit card rbl is simple. When you spend money on buying groceries, movie tickets, etc., using a cashback credit card, you receive a certain percentage of the expenditure. ‘Cashback’ is gaining back actual money. Several credit cards offer reward points, which you can redeem in the future. But such offers do not come under the category of cashback.
On exploring the financial market for the best credit card in India (cashback category), you will come across a trend. Most credit cards have cashback offers limited to specific fields, such as travel, entertainment, online shopping etc. Hence, you must account for your spending habits before applying for a cashback credit card. Otherwise, you cannot maximise your benefits.
Top 5 cashback Credit Cards in India
- Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard: The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard is one of the best credit cards in India. When you use this credit card at any Bajaj Finserv EMI Network’s partner store, you receive a 5% cashback on the down payment. Additionally, credit card offers in domains like food, entertainment, travel, utilities etc., also include cashback. These deals keep getting updated from time to time.
- Axis Bank ACE Credit Card: The Axis Bank ACE credit card is a compulsive buyer’s delight. It guarantees cashback on every expenditure and covers numerous domains. For instance, you get rewarded with 5% cashback on settling different utility bills via Google Pay. Similarly, there’s the provision of 4% cashback on ordering food from delivery partners like Swiggy, Zomato etc. and availing of Ola cab services. A 2% cashback is mandatorily offered on all other expenses. These offers change occasionally, but the credit card’s primary characteristic remains constant. Axis Bank ACE credit card can be obtained by fulfilling the bank’s eligibility criteria. A joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499 respectively accompanies it.
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card: If you shop for groceries and other supplies from the supermarket, you will love the Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card. It will grant you a flat 5% cashback on expenditures entailed in a supermarket. This credit card is a splendid choice when you wish to save and economise daily. Furthermore, you get three times the reward on employing the credit card in other spheres. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 999. Additionally, applicants should earn a minimum of Rs. 90,000 per month to own this plastic card.
- Kotak Delight Platinum Credit Card: If dining in restaurants and visiting cinema halls frequently are an integral part of your lifestyle, this Kotak credit card will be the ideal choice for you. This premium credit card offers 10% cashback on dining and covers a variety of food joints. From fine-dining restaurants to casual fast-food outlets, it covers everything. You can procure 10% cashback on movie tickets too. Other perks include a waiver on fuel tax, railway surcharge etc.
- Citi Cash Back Credit Card: This is one of the most popular cashback credit cards on offer. The credit card allows users to save by offering 5% cashback on payment of telephone, electricity and other utility bills. A similar offer is also applicable on the purchase of movie tickets. On using the credit card in other areas, you are assured of a 0.5% cashback.
We have compiled a list of the best credit cards in India in the cashback category. While some of these top cards encompass a variety of domains, others target a particular sphere. For instance, the cashback perks associated with Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card mainly relate to supermarket expenditures. Applying for it would make no sense if you purchase your veggies and fruits from the local vendors. Therefore, you must realise your spending habits before applying for a cashback credit card.
When on the hunt for a credit card that offers all-round benefits, you must choose the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. It is termed a ‘SuperCard’ because it exhibits the functions of four different credit cards. You can use it to get a personal loan, withdraw cash from the ATM, convert bills exceeding Rs. 2500 into EMIs and use it as a normal credit card. This credit card by RBL Bank, in collaboration with Bajaj Finserv, is a must-have financial instrument.