Did you noticed the Antimalware Service Executable procedure takes up high CPU on Windows 10, rest assured, you are not only one. Most Windows 10 users report this issue. More to the point, you can resolve this Antimalware Service Executable issue on your own without requesting a technician for assistance. Within this guide, you will get to know what Antimalware Service Executable precisely is and how to repair its high CPU utilization problem.
What is Antimalware Service Executable
Antimalware Service Executable is operating to scan the spyware and malware when you get them. It will finds if there is anything harmful. In any case, in addition, it requires a backdrop scan of the body for any worms or viruses. Its scanning depends heavily in your computer’s CPU, that is why you discover it is eating the high CPU use in your Windows 10. Antimalware Service Executable is among Those background-running Providers in Windows Defender. Additionally, it is referred to as MsMpEng.exe, you will locate that on the Details tab in your Task Manager.
The Way to Prevent Antimalware Service Executable under Windows 10
Antimalware Service Executable is linked with Windows Defender, and lots of Windows 10 users have reported issues with this procedure. To fix this issue, it’s suggested to disable Windows Defender and assess whether it solves the issue.
▪ Antimalware Service Executable high use of Win 10 disc, high Windows 10 CPU – Many users reported high CPU and disk utilization because of this mistake. But you can fix the issue by simply installing a third party antivirus program.
▪ Antimalware Service Executable Windows 8.1, Windows 7 – Issues with this procedure can impact both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, however even if you’re not using Windows 10, then you need to be able to resolve the issue with a few of our solutions.
▪ Antimalware Service Executable operates constantly and slows the computer down – Many consumers report that this support functions on their PC constantly. But you need to be able to work out this issue with a few of our solutions.
▪ Antimalware Service Executable can’t finish the job – If you can’t complete this task in your PC, you have to disable Windows Defender or eliminate it from the PC to resolve the issue.
Solution #1 — Use the Group Policy Editor
Depending at the user, you may stop Antimalware Service Executable high cpu easily by way of making changes to your group policy. It’s pretty easy, and you could do it by means of following these steps:
1. Press the Windows + R button and just type gpedit.Msc. Now press Enter or click on OK. This launches the Group Policy Editor. Note that the Group Policy Editor is not available for domestic versions of Windows 10, but there may be a way to run the Group Policy Editor for domestic versions of Windows with a touch trick.
2. In the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration/Management Models/Windows Components/Windows Defender Antivirus/RTime Protection. In the right pane, double-click on Turn off real-time Protection.
3. Select On and click on Apply and OK to keep the modifications.
After that, Windows Defender and Antimalware Service Executable are disabled. It need to also be noted that this solution disables antivirus safety in your PC, which makes your PC vulnerable. To guard your PC, you have to best use this approach as a temporary solution.
Solution #2 — Disabling Scheduled Tasks
Scheduled tasks can also cause problems in Antimalware Service Executable due to which it can cause high CPU usage problem. If you’re also facing this problem you can solve it by disabling the scheduled tasks.
Follow these simple steps to disable the scheduled tasks.
- Press the window key + S and type Task Scheduler. Now select the Task Scheduler from there.
- After open the task scheduler from the left pane, Navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. In the right pane, you would see the 4 tasks available. Now, Select all four tasks and disable them. Some users are also suggesting to delete them, So you can also do that if you want to.
Also, Read About: Payroll Outsourcing Services
Now After disabling all the scheduled tasks, Problem with Antimalware Service Executable should be resolved.
Solution #3 — Registry Editor
This is the permanent solution for Antimalware Service Executable problem. Please note that making changes in Registry editor can also harm your data in your computer.
Press the Windows Key + R, Type in regedit in the Run dialog box and Then Click on OK to Start the Windows Registry.
From the Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
In Windows Defender Antivirus, you need to add new value by right-clicking on empty space on the right side and click on New to select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Double click the newly created DWORD > name it DisableAntiSpyware >
Now again double click on DisableAntiSpware and give the value to 1 from 0 and then press OK.
Now, Just restart your computer and you’ve successfully stopped Antimalware Service Executable by permanently disabling windows defender.
Solution #4 — Exclude Antimalware Service Executable From Windows Defender
Here is another quick and easy method to stop high CPU usage. By using the below simple steps, you can exclude the Antimalware Service Executable from Windows Defender. Which will help you in stopping high CPU usage.
- Press the window key plus ‘I’. This will open your Windows Settings.
- Now click on ‘Update & Security’.
- You will see the Windows Defender tab there, Click on it and then select ‘Add and Exclusion’.
- Under the Processes section, click on the ‘+’ button next to“Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process”.
- Now type MsMpEng.exe in the box and then click on OK.
Solution #5 – Stopping Windows Defender Service
Now, Here is one more solution to solve your problem and that is to stop the Windows defender service. You can do it by simple following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows Key plus R to open the Run dialog. Now type services.msc and click on OK button.
- Services window will now appear on you screen. Double click on the Windows Defender Antivirus Service. This will open its properties
- Now, Set the Startup type to Automatic and then click on the Stop button to stop the service. Now click Apply and press Enter or click on OK to save the changes.
After, Following these steps. The Windows Defender Services would be stopped and your problem would be resolved.
By following these above steps, You will be able to solve the problems of high CPU usage in Antimalware Service Executable in windows 10. But, Please keep in mind that Antimalware Service Executable defense against viruses and malware. And disabling this can also cause problems and harm your PC and your files and data. So, It is better to make a backup of your data. In case, If you lose your data you can have a backup to restore it. And you should also install a 3rd party Antivirus software when you disable windows defender.
I love your writing style really enjoying this internet site.
I appreciate your efforts Thanks for this informational piece of work.